Saturday, October 1, 2011

35/35

As of tomorrow, officially, I'll be 35 weeks pregnant which means that in 35 days (give or take) we're going to meet this little man! First, here's your oh so terrible bathroom lighting self portrait-
(I swear I never feel I look so horrible as when I take these pictures!)  

Still not "super big". I frequently get looks of amazement when I tell people how far along I am which is also usually accompanied by inappropriate questions as to if everything is ok, am I eating enough, etc. But my doctor said everything is measuring fine and looks good :)  I'm still feeling overall pretty good. I'm really tired most of the day and making it through the work week the past few weeks has been a challenge. I've had some more back aches and my sciatic nerve wants to pinch as soon as I lay down in bed but overall I really still can't complain.

As of Friday I'm officially on PRN status and will only be working 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks then I'm officially on maternity leave! YAY! I'm very much looking forward to at least a little down time before Anderson graces us with his presence!

 For those that are curious, as most people are, yes I am still running. This week was actually the first week I started having some pelvic pain/pressure that got pretty uncomfortable and I thought my running days were coming to an end but I just slowed my pace (significantly) and cut back a little and that helped so I'm going to keep on a truckin'!  I would truly love to run until the day before/of labor but we'll see. Obviously  I'm going to continue to listen to my doctor and my body.  Honestly, exercising in general has become a little more of a chore over the past few weeks but I always feel 10 times better if I just do something!

I finally hit a "nesting" mode about a week ago and finally started organizing the nursery, washing clothes and diapers and purchasing any necessary items we hadn't received. I'm hoping to get the nursery pretty much done in the next week or two and will post pictures! My 'to do' list still includes making some freezer meals, installing the car seat and packing the hospital bag. I'm hoping my new schedule and extra free time will allow these things to get done!

The other frequently asked question, "are you ready?" In some ways yes, but in most ways, no. I think the biggest reason I'd say no other than the obvious of not having the nursery done, car seat installed, fear of labor, etc is because Todd isn't here.  Its very hard to feel "ready" to bring a child into the world when you're all alone.  Hopefully those feelings will change if/when Todd makes it home or I have family in town-whichever happens first! I do have an amazing support system here and would definitely not be alone but it just changes the outlook on the situation.

I guess that's all I have for now! I'll hopefully blog more over the next few weeks!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love your hair and your bump :) squeeeeal - november is almost here!!!

Lauren said...

omg, you're sooo tiny!! you look beaut :)

Heather said...

You look adorable with your little baby bump! Can't believe how close you are - so excited for you!

suhair said...

omg, love that bump of yours!! you look so beautiful, mama! more.pics.please =))