Our three year "tour" at Ellsworth officially ends in April 2012 and we were put on the "Voluntary Move List" (VML) to move sometime between April and June. Todd was really hoping to get an Army Liaison Officer "A-LO" tour that could potentially move us overseas for three years but unfortunately 1. there just happens to be no A-LO spots to be filled right now and 2. Todd's made himself a little to valuable to the B1 world and is needed to stay a little longer here at Ellsworth, specifically as an Operational Flight Instructor. So it looks like we'll be here in Rapid City *at least* until next fall if not longer...i.e through another deployment cycle (BOO!) then we'll see if/when the Air Force wants to move us. Honestly, I'm a little bummed...and its my fault... I didn't move here with the intentions of staying longer than 3 years. I just assumed we'd at least go back to Abilene if not somewhere else. I'm also bummed because so many of our friends we've had since we've lived here WILL be moving between December and May of next year so it makes me feel a little alone. But that's the Air Force life! You're always meeting new people :)
The positives of staying are that we own our home and are pretty "settled". We have amazing neighbors. We love our church. There is so much to see and do here and many road trips around the area we'd like to take before we move. I have a great job that will be super flexible after Anderson arrives.
I'll just focus on the positives and wait for what God has in store for us next. He's obviously not done with us here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment