Monday, October 17, 2011
Full Term Baby
Today I am 37 weeks, 1 day pregnant so Anderson is now considered full term! YAY! I'm so thankful that we have made it to this point without any major, or even minor, complication. I had my 37 week appointment today and for the most part everything is still "beautiful" in the words of my doctor. My weight, blood pressure, urine, measurements, everything are good. I'm not having any swelling or heartburn or any of the other usual late third trimester problems except for fatigue. My group strep B test came back negative so that was a relief to not need antibiotics before delivery. On the down side, Dr. Diehl decided to do an internal exam today to check my cervix. His first response was "well his head is very low", um, yea, my 5 nighttime bathroom trips could have told you that! His next response was that he can't check my cervix because it is still facing backwards toward my spine. This isn't a new piece of information. I've known about my backwards cervix since I've started having regular pelvic exams/pap smears. It always makes for a pretty uncomfortable time. I mentioned it pretty early on in my pregnancy and he was confident it would straighten out as my uterus grew. Well, now we're just over 37 weeks and it's still not straight. He thinks as my pregnancy continues to progress and as I begin labor it still could straighten and allow for a vaginal delivery but if it doesn't I will have to have a c-section as they will have no way to know if/when I'm fully dilated to start pushing and I would be pushing him the wrong direction. So while we now have answered prayers for a full term baby and a father-to-be home from war we need to say a few more prayers that my stubborn cervix figures out which way to face!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow - can't believe you are already 37 weeks! You are getting so close - YAY :) Will be sending you "straightening-out-cervix vibes" for that stubborn cervix of yours!! LOL
saying my prayers that cervix gets it together. I'm so happy for you! I know it may seem like it is taking forever now that you're almost there, but it will be here soooo soon!
Post a Comment