Monday, August 15, 2011

28 Weeks

I made it to the third trimester...CRAZY!

I still feel really good. Nothing to really complain about though I have reached a point where everyday things like cleaning the house really exhaust me which is frustrating because I still feel good and feel like I should be able to do most anything but can't.  Running still feels good but sleep is becoming less.  I'm physically more tired but find myself waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom then can't fall back asleep. Sometimes I'm not sure if thats really pregnancy or the fact that I have a lot going on right now and can't get my mind to shut down :/

I had my 28 week appointment today. Dr. Diehl did an impromptu ultrasound to try to see some of the things they didn't see very clearly at my 20 week anatomy scan. He saw the heart and spine really well and was pleased with those pictures but after trying for about 15 minutes he still couldn't get a good angle on his head (he's head down now) to measure brain/cranial anatomy so he decided to have me do another ultrasound with the technician in 3 weeks. He doesn't seem concerned with anything but of course it makes me a little anxious.  Otherwise, everything else still looks good. Anderson is an active guy and still measuring a few days a head at a whopping 2 lbs 12 oz right now! My weight and blood pressure and everything continue to be good. I passed my glucose tolerance test but found out I'm "moderately" anemic, but I tended to be before I was pregnant so my doctor wasn't too concerned with that either. Here is an end of the work day, very tired bump pic...I really wish I was as cute as other pregnant women I know :(


In non baby related news... my student finishes up her rotation with me this Friday and I am sooo ready! I truly love teaching but she is pretty exhausting! And I haven't had a day off other than weekends for 12 weeks and I'm very much looking forward to going home to Texas Friday night and having a week off of work! 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I too am excited you are going to Texas!! YAYYYYYY!!! You are such a cute mama with a precious lil baby belly!! Love!

LCSween said...

omg, you're adorable!! I completely understand what you mean about tasks making you more tired. Cleaning the house is draining!