Today is 24 weeks, also known as "viability day". If this little guy were born today he'd have a 50/50 chance of making it thanks to modern medicine. Of course, I want him to stay in for the long haul, especially with Todd deploying but it certainly does make me feel more comfortable knowing he could make now.
My heart is extremely heavy today despite such a great milestone to make. Tomorrow Todd leaves for his second deployment. Thankfully he's been assigned a half deployment but is not scheduled to be home until about 12 days before my due date so the prayers officially begin that the little guy doesn't want to make a surprise early appearance. Since this isn't our first deployment rodeo I do feel prepared on many aspects but being 24 weeks pregnant with lots of hormones and "what ifs" can certainly weigh heavy on me. My biggest fear is not that I'll have this baby without him here but that he will come home to a whole new "normal" and the thought that today is our last day as "just us" kind of scares me. But its in the Lord's hands and I know it will all work out according to His will.
As far as the pregnancy, I have my 24 week OB appointment tomorrow afternoon (I drop Todd off at 1:00pm) Everything is still going good. I can't really complain about much. Sure I have a few "annoyances" here and there but I'm healthy, he's healthy and I feel him kick often during the day so all is good. Here is a not so great 24 week bump picture. I honestly haven't grown a whole lot in 4 weeks.
I guess thats all the updates I have for now. With Todd leaving I'll having plenty more to blog about and more time :)

4 comments:
You look so beautiful!!!!
1. i love your bump.
2. i love your hair.
3. i love you.
cant wait till we can finally get a chance to catch up! we'll both have lots of free time soon! hang in there, love. *prayers
I Love you very much and you DO look BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot wait to actually see you in person soon.
VERY cute preggo!!
Post a Comment