Saturday, April 23, 2011

12 Weeks!

I can't believe we've made it this far! Time certainly isn't 'flying by' but I am very happy to finally be coming to the end of the first trimester.  I finally took a 'bump' picture. I'm now convinced that it isn't just bloat anymore (i.e I wake up with it) Let me preface the pic by saying as of right now I'm  not someone who is obsessed with baby bumps. Right now I just feel gross. My face has been breaking out for weeks and aside from any nausea, headaches, back aches or gas my body is slowly being taken out of my control and I'm not loving that right now.  I feel like to the world I just look like a slob thats 'letting myself  go'. Yes I know its the hormones talking and yes I know that its all changes to grow a baby but for about the last week to week and a half there is really nothing about being pregnant that I like. While I'm eternally grateful and thankful to be pregnant after all we've been through, all things aside, its just how I feel right now. I am feeling better though. I haven't had a day with nausea in about a week and I'm starting to feel my energy levels pick back up.  I just wish there was more to be said about the "pregnancy glow" you hear about. I'm definitely NOT glowing!

Sorry, no face shot...no makeup, acne and bad hair do not need to be made public.

We're finally at a point were we are comfortable telling people, although the thought of putting it out there on facebook is petrifying to me! I'm also very anxious for people at work to know. My boss has known since about 6 weeks for a number of reasons but none of co-workers know, except for my 2 closest friends, neither of which are in my department.  Its very strange but for some reason there is a strange stigma in my department that if you don't wait until you're over 30 to have kids you're too young. I think it makes me feel like I'm going to be looked at like the pregnant teenager who made an  oops.  My boss's first response was actually "why do you want to have kids so young??"...I didn't realize 27 was 'so young'. My mom had my sister at 27, most of our friends already have kids..many of which are on their second kid. I don't know... coming out at work is just making me very anxious.

Ok, enough with the Debbie Downer post of all my anxieties. We made it through the most critical time in a pregnancy and I finally feel like we can breath and start actually planning for this child to come into our lives.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Aw - lovin' your baby bump :) Sorry you haven't been feeling good lately! Ugh - hormones can really mess with a person :( Hoping you start to feel better soon! YAY for moving on to 2nd trimester soon!

Hugs,
Heather

Stephanie said...

yayyy for the end of your first trimester!! i was wondering when you'd post a bump picture - being 10,000 miles away, your blog is what keeps me close :) hang in there, beautiful friend!

suhair said...

awww, look at that cute bump!!! i love it! yay to second tri!!

LCSween said...

aww I love your little bump!! I went through that gross stage too and know exactly what you mean. SO happy you are getting into the second tri!!! :)

Susan S said...

Get obsessed!!!! There's a baby in there!!! :)

Tracie said...

Thank you for not posting a picture of your head...I'm sure it is hideous. Goofy lady...you would look beautiful no matter what.