Monday, April 11, 2011

10 Weeks!

Yesterday I had this great post about our upcoming trip to Hawaii all typed and then Blogger went and deleted it before I could post it. So instead of re-typing it today I decided to just write about our 10 week appointment we had today.
I have to take yet another moment to say how much I LOVE my doctor.  When Lyndee called me back she told me he was already running behind but he still took his time with us and answered our questions and talked about things with us without making us feel rushed. He tried to hear the heartbeat with the doppler first but he couldn't get it which is fine because he said it isn't as likely to hear it before 12 weeks with the doppler but he wanted to try. Fortunately he didn't pick it up because then we got to have another ultrasound! All the rooms were busy so he had to use literally the oldest ultrasound machine I have ever seen! It was like an antique! Either way, it got the job done- we saw our little blob bug again. It was actually moving its arms which was cool to see and still had a perfect beating heart :) Sadly, it will be 9 LONG weeks before we see baby Saksa again at the very long, level 2 ultrasound on June 13. At least at my next appointment we'll be able to hear the heartbeat. Otherwise, it was a pretty uneventful appointment and he said everything looked good.  He gave me the okay to continue cycling this spring (YAY!!) This has been an area of argument for me and Todd because Todd doesn't want me cycling with my clip in pedals (refer to post last summer when I crashed and broke 4 ribs) but I refuse to ride a road bike without clip in pedals- yes, I'm aware that this is slightly ridiculous but if you cycle at all you understand. He also gave us all the travel tips for our vacation. I love that he's very concerned for his patients and gives them all the info but also tries to not make you stress over little things.
For a funny side story from the appointment. The room we were taken to today was the room Dr Diehl does the IUI's in. Todd was never there for the actual procedure so I told him as we were sitting there "this was where our baby was conceived!" Its nice that we can laugh about it :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i'm so glad to hear the appt went well!! i LOLd at your side story ;) good onnnne!! :D