Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year,New Plan,New Meds

Today is my third day on injectable meds. Dr. Diehl decided to put me on Gonal-F and upped my HCG ovulation trigger for this IUI. I wasn't too worried about injectable meds. I've given myself my trigger so I didn't think it would be much different. I actually like the Gonal-F better because it comes in this nifty pen. You just dial the dose, pinch some thigh fat and away it goes! As opposed to the HCG trigger which is a long needle that gets stuck in pinched belly fat :/ As usual, I experience ALL the side effects...bloated,cramps,headache,fatigue, moodiness blah blah blah. It'll all be worth it someday right?

On a side note...Todd and I had to start discussing our next move last night. He's about 3 months away from having to submit his "official" list so he started looking at potential places we could go. For those of you that don't know, Todd is planning on taking a few years away from the B1 and going on an "Army Liaison Officer" (A-LO) tour. This gives him 1.diversity in his career and 2.gives us a chance to move somewhere other than Rapid City or Abilene for 3 years. We've discussed at length about going overseas. There are currently 2 Germany tours available. There is an amazing military hospital in Germany that I could work at too. That could be awesome :) But no thinking of, worrying about,stressing over that anytime soon. Todd will deploy again in July and we likely won't even  know if/when we'll move until the end of this year.

Another side note...other than IF blogs, my life is looking pretty boring for January. Todd at least gets to go to Las Vegas at the end of the month for Red Flag (play war).

Hope the first week of 2011 is treating you well!

2 comments:

LCSween said...

whew - you have a lot on your plate.

crossing my fingers for your IUI and excited we will be in 2ww together! :)

arg said...

ohmygosh! How exciting to think about going overseas! FMG and I SERIOUSLY considered up and going this summer after our trip. Of course, it was mostly wishful thinking -but- how cool it would be!