Monday, November 1, 2010

And we wait...

Went back to the doctor today to see what the cyst is doing. We named it CeCe the cyst last week since apparently fertility meds and cysts create symptoms like pregnancy except I would only be giving birth to a 8cm cyst. Anyway, CeCe has not gotten bigger but has also not gotten smaller. Dr. Diehl is pretty conservative and doesn't want to operate on it unless it gets bigger/significantly more painful so the plan is to wait 4 weeks to see if it goes away then start Provera (progesterone to make me have a period) to start a new cycle. Basically means we won't be doing anything fertility wise for about 6 weeks (you take Provera for 10 days and don't start your period for about 4 days after) and all we do is wait. One one hand its another whole month wasted but on the other hand even 4 months of treatments has taken its toll on  me physically,mentally and emotionally so I'll take it as God's way of giving me a little break. My left ovary is and won't do anything while the right ovary is consumed with CeCe. Once we start this cycle in December it will be our last one before meeting with the Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) from Denver in January about injectable meds and IVF.  I would LOVE to think we weren't heading that route but my response to meds thus far is proving that its going to take more than "conservative IF treatment".

That's all thats new here. Todd will be gone most of November. He leaves Thursday for an air show in Miami (tough job huh?) and will be home about 4 days before going to Arctic Survival School in Alaska for 9 days. He'll get back just in time for Thanksgiving.

No comments: