This will be a busy week!
Today I start Femara, drug #2. It says it may causes drowsiness so I'm not going to start it until tonight. I PRAY that I have less side effects than with the Clomid! The night hot flashes alone were enough to make me hate that drug! I only have to take it for 5 days and I can do anything for 5 days.
Talking to Dr. Diehl's nurse today, who by the way is SUPER sweet and understanding about all this and really tries to help me work appointments around my work schedule. And speaking of work schedule, while my boss doesn't know WHY I keep going to the doctor she is always very understanding about people needing to take care of things like doctors appointments. HUGE helps with all this. Anyway...my HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) is scheduled for this Thursday at 11:00am, also the same day I'm supposed to drive 5 hours to Bismarck, North Dakota for a class that is Friday and Saturday. Talk about a busy day! They said I could drive after the procedure and that I may just feel uncomfortable. So what is a HSG you may ask? (**TMI Warning**) An HSG is an xray where I will lay on a flat table (not intended for a pelvic exam) and a radiologist will use a tenaculum to clamp my cervix where he will then insert a catheter into my cervix to inject dye into my uterus and fallopian tubes to take a picture to look for any abnormalities on the inside of my uterus or blockage of the fallopian tubes. Its not supposed to be very comfortable :( (aren't you jealous?) but the whole procedure should take about 30 minutes. My doctor doesn't necessarily think that anything is abnormal or blocked, its just a standard test to "cover all the bases". Which leads into the other big test of the week-Todd's semen analysis (SA). Obviously we know the big problem is the way MY body works, but its also good to make sure nothing is wrong on Todd's end so he gets to go tomorrow morning and do that.
Please pray for GREAT results with all testing this week! This week will either tell us a lot more about whats going on or it will just rule out a lot of things. I start my next round of ultrasounds to see how I respond to the Femara on Monday.
1 comment:
hope all the testing went well this week!
Post a Comment