As many of you know, when I run by myself I generally do one of 3 things; listen to music on my ipod, listen to sermon podcasts on my ipod, or pray. Today I was listening to my usual Wednesday running podcast, Matt Chandler of The Village Church's previous Sunday sermon. (FYI-my sister attends The Village). He was talking about modern day Christianity and the continuation of extremist groups that still believe in evolution and natural selection and he said:
"If modern day evolution and natural selection really exists, then why do we spend trillions of dollars and time trying to cure and prevent disease.?"
I found that deeply profound and a true testament to the fact that God has His hands in everything, whether we know it or not and whether we believe in Him or not. Why would an evolutionist protest the need for increased spending for stem cell research to find cures for diseases if there core beliefs say that people should just die and let evolution continue?
Hmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment