Well it's unofficially official. The movers will be here to pack our stuff on April 20 and they will pick it up on April 21. We will start the 2 day trip to Rapid City on April 22. We plan to take a little westwardly trip and spend the night in Denver for several reasons. 1. The trip is more scenic, 2. The trip is on more major highways, 3. There is and Air Force base outside of Denver that we can stay at with the dogs, 4. There is supposedly a great local pizza place that serves a whole line of gluten free pizzas and calzones! YUM!
So here is the drama we have encountered with this move. Todd finished training on March 20 so we went ahead and put in our 30 day notice on our house here meaning that we would be scheduled to be out of here on April 19. We entered contract on the house we are purchasing on March 21 scheduled for a closing date of April 22. So if you read the first paragraph then you understand the drama. We've been waiting for official orders since Todd got finished with training and, of course, nothing can get rolling without official orders. We got orders yesterday and were able to FINALLY get something moving. We were afraid that we were going to have to move ourselves but fortunately our current house has not been rented yet so our landlord is letting us stay until the 22nd and the sellers of our new house agreed to move the closing date to April 27. So... it's not really our "ideal" plan but it's all working out.
I've interviewed with a few more jobs but since I can't start working until after May 23 and am not actually in South Dakota yet I haven't been offered anything... yet. I'm very hopeful that the perfect job is out there for me. I'm currently spending my days studying for my national board exams. I am waiting on one piece of paper called an "Authorization to Test" so that i can schedule my test date but I'm hoping to take it around May 11. I'll post an official date when I know it because prayer will be needed!
I guess that is about all the news I have. Todd and I have been rather lazy lately with us both being done with work for now so we have been "taking in the sights" of Abilene... or at least the ones we haven't seen in the last 9 months.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment