Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Day!

The weather here in Abilene has been in true Texas form over the past 2 weeks. Last week we had quite the heat wave with the highs for 3 days well above 80! This week however an ice storm came into town dropping the temperature below freezing for about 48 hours and bringing LOTS of drizzle, freezing rain and last night some sleet. Since I'm working in the school systems right now I had an 'inclement weather day' yesterday and, naturally, all of our clinic kids cancelled as well. Todd's flight yesterday got cancelled but he was still supposed to go in at 10am and he got half way to base and got a call that they were closing the base to all "un-essential" personnel. It was fun just staying home in our pajamas, watching movies and hanging out all day. Of course, we got bored since we're such busy people but I don't think either one of us would complain about the free day off. The temperature today is supposed to get up to 50 but not until lunch time or later. I was fully expecting a delayed start to my day (Todd's had already been determined to be 9am today) but when I woke up I was shocked that all Abilene/Wylie schools were cancelled again! Fortunately, I have 5 kids to see this afternoon in the clinic after the ice melts so my day won't be a complete waste. So that's some fun times in Abilene. We usually get at least one nasty cold weather week in January in Texas and since it's January 28...I'm guessing that's it! Here are a few pictures of our ice day.

Shades of things to come??

View from the back porch

View from our front porch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Looks like no one used the street!!