So it's been a while since I last blogged. Here is a quick run down on life in the Saksa house of lately. The big Rock & Roll San Antonio Marathon was Sunday November 16. It was a beautiful day and perfect running weather. Todd finished in an impressive 3 hours 27 minutes and I finished in 4 hours 6 minutes. Todd would have liked to run closer to 3:20 and I guess I would have been happier with a sub 4 hour finish but the bottom line is, I was just glad to finish! This past week has been a much needed recovery week. We really didn't do much this week at all, mostly because Monday through Wednesday our legs were still EXHAUSTED from the marathon. But of course, we are crazy and will be starting training for the Austin Marathon tomorrow :) Only 12 weeks of training before the February 15, 2009 race. After that we will most likely be taking off from full marathons until the fall.
This past Friday was "Red Carpet Day" for Todd's squadron. In a nut shell, it's intended to be the Friday that a class finishes academics in the B1 before they actually start flying the plane. Family and close friends get to go to the squadron, hear all about the plane and then tour the simulators and the actual plane. Then there is a little reception at the end of the day where they meet their flight instructors for the next phase of training. It was really nice and a lot of fun to get to see what Todd's been doing since August. I am so grateful to my CI that she let me have the day off of work so that I could be there. Unfortunately, Todd's training is pretty backed up right now so where he would be flying next week he may not actually start flying until late December or early January.
As far as Thanksgiving for us, we will be here in Abilene for the actual day and spend it with friendssince I have to work a half of a day on Friday. Then we will head to Fredericksburg to have dinner with my family.
That's about all that is news around here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment