Sunday, September 21, 2008
It's not a tumor!
Ok, it really is a tumor, or was a tumor but every time I hear the word tumor I think of that line from Kindergarten Cop which MUST be said with the Schwarzenegger accent. Anyway, Friday at 3pm I had my eye tumor removed from my right tear duct. The doctor said it looked like your average granuloma, completely benign but still has to biopsy it to be sure. I have to honestly admit that I really underestimated how this procedure would affect me. My doctor acted like it wasn't going to be a very big deal and since I've had Lasik I didn't think much worse could happen to your eye. It was a simple surgery- local anesthesia, some numbing drops, about 45 minutes of total time and 2 stitches but I must say I did not expect the amount of discomfort during or after he was done. Within about 15 minutes of walking out of the office the anesthetic shot began to wear off and I felt like I had been given a swift right hook to the eye that left a bleeding laceration. Needless to say, I really didn't feel like talking to anyone or doing much of anything. Fortunately, a few Tylenol seemed to help. Friday night I didn't sleep very well either because every time I brushed my right cheek on the pillow it pulled at the skin causing pain. Saturday I woke up feeling better but as the day wore on I found the pain to my eye increasing, again making me not really want to talk to anyone or do much. But again, Tylenol seemed to help a lot. Today has certainly been better than the first two and I managed to catch the pain before it got too bad. So long story short, my eye is healing well and I will never again scoff at "minor surgical procedures" to the eye. Thank you all for your prayers, phone calls and text messages. I feel loved and blessed every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment