Friday, August 3, 2012

9 Months!

Where does the time go? Seriously?! Has our sweet, busy boy been with us now as long as he was inside of me?? Are we really only 3 months away from his first birthday?
It's fun and exciting but also sad in a way to see the days/months just tick away before my eyes. It truly does feel like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.
So what's going on with the little man? At his well baby appointment he was a healthy, long and skinny busy boy! Weighing in at just about 19 lbs and measuring just shy of 29".  I'm hoping he'll put on a few more pounds now that we finally got him switched from zantac to prilosec to better manage his reflux. He is as busy as ever! From the time he wakes up with the exception of his two naps he's on the GO! Crawling, cruising, climbing and getting into EVERYTHING! Side note on his crawling- for months he did what we called the "lurch"-something between an army crawl and a bear crawl but suddenly this month he decided to crawl "normally".  He is starting to stand on his own for a few seconds and getting really brave cruising one handed pushing his truck. Walking is just around the corner!! He's still a smiley, happy boy that waves "bye bye" babbles at everyone and gives them huge grins. He has two solid teeth now and 2 that have still just barely cut.  His teeth seem to be in no huge hurry to make a grand appearance.  He nurses or takes a cup 4 times a day, eats three solid meals and at least one snack.  He's getting really good with table food/finger foods and loves cheese, blueberries and mini raviolies the best. He loves cruising from sofa to sofa antogonizing the dogs and banging anything together to make the loudest noise possible. He is obsessed with climbing on the dishwasher. He still loves his daycare and Ms. Nicole who takes such good care of him while I work. He plays so hard that he usually cat naps on the way home! He's still a great sleeper- takes two naps that are usually 1-2 hrs each and sleeps from 7:00pm-6:30 am on average. He's definitely an early riser. I've tried putting him down later and he's still up bright and early so for now that's just how it is.  As usual, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but that's all I can think of for now :)

Work is still going good for me. Will likely get busy with the rally coming up this week.  I was officially accepted to the University of Utah to start my doctorate this fall! Very excited/nervous!

Possible exciting changes coming with Todd and work, will update as we know more! He succussfully completed his "Package Commander" and "Mission Commander" upgrades at Red Flag.

Sunday Todd and I have a babysitter and are going for a date night rally style to see the Zac Brown Band in Sturgis! Very excited!

Until next time....

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on getting in to UofUtah!! So excited for you!! You're going to rock AND I cant wait to call you Dr :)

Anderson really is growing so fast and learning so much!! What a cutie.

Cant wait to hear about all the fun to come with Todd's job :)