Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Where does the time go??

Seriously? I know I've heard it at least a million times since finding out I was pregnant, "they grow up so fast", "time just flies by". Of course, I nodded and smiled and went on with my way but now I seriously can't believe that this little person napping next to me is going to be ONE MONTH OLD in 4 days!! He has already changed *so much*.
Let me give you the short list:
-Weighs almost 10 lbs (haven't attempted to measure his length)
-Still wearing newborn cloths and an occasional 0-3month- he's long and lean like his parents :)
-Holds his head up for at least 30 seconds at a time and moves it side to side
-Brings his hand together and to his mouth. I'm not sure we're going to be able to avoid a finger/thumb sucker
-Still not a huge fan of the pacifier or swing but LOVES his bouncer (aka baby papasan)
-Still working on "well established breastfeeding" eats well at least 8 times a day but we still have a little ways to go before we get to try a bottle (sigh)
-Likes bathtime but hates getting out of the tub
-Loves tummy time and laying on his back on his activity mat. I think he's starting to intentially reach and grab but maybe thats the OT in me :)
-Likes looking at lights, especially the Christmas tree
-Looks super cute in his Bum Genius cloth diapers that we were able to start using at about 2 1/2 weeks!
-Sadly his poor hematomas on his head from delivery are still there but we've noticed a tremendous decrease in them over the past week!
-HATES going to bed most nights, seriously takes almost an hour to get him down :(  We think he's still working on the day/night reversal. BUT once he gets down he sleeps well.

It's so hard to believe that just 4 weeks ago he was still inside me and now he's this curious little person who is starting to do more every day besides sleep, poop and eat :)

How are Todd and I? We're adjusting to our new normal. Todd's been back at work and the nights before he flies I let him sleep which is more work for me at night but I figure its the price I have to pay to be married to a man that flies a multi billion dollar plane that drops bombs :/  I'm already dreading going back to work and doubting how much I actually want to work.  Hormones and lack of schedule and not wanting to leave Anderson with a stranger (to him) are all factors affecting my decision.  I know I still want to work but I'm begining to think I may want to work even less...at least until he's older. I  don't know...I still have time and fortunately in a position to dictate what I want to do.  A lot of people have been asking me how I'm feeling/healing. I'm feeling really good physically, I'm pretty sure I'm "all healed up" but won't push doing too much until after my 6 week appointment. I've started running about 5 days a week, still slower and only for about 30-45min and added my old weight routine 3 days a week.  I'm thankful that I was able to start wearing my pre pregnancy clothes again about 2 weeks postpartum but still have a little weight to lose, however, I won't be pushing the weight loss until the 6-8 week point because I don't want to jeapordize my milk supply.

Thanksgiving with my family was great and we're hopefully looking forward to Todd's parents coming out in December. Otherwise it should be pretty quiet around here until Todd leaves for Alabama after the New Year. 

We have a ton of picutures to upload on the computer and will take more this weekend to mark his one month with us :) Will hopefully update again soon!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

ooooh i'm so glad to hear!!!! he is a cutie pie and i'm so glad life is good... xoxo

Heather said...

Wow - 1 month old already!? That is hard to believe! Glad to hear you all are doing well! Thanks for sharing an update with us :)

suhair said...

time flies! i cant believe he is a month old already!

Lauren said...

Little Anderson is growing too fast! I need your OT self to come help me with tummy time. Evie and I hate it!!