Monday, May 30, 2011

Hawaii

Sadly, our Hawaiian vacation has come to an end.  Despite the fact that our basement flooded the day we left and we spent an unwelcome amount of time dealing with that from 6,000 miles away we had an amazing time.  We feel like we saw and did just about everything there is to do on the islands we went to. We got plenty of rest, ate some wonderful food and spent some great time together just the two of us.  I can't really say that the 16 hours of travel back home and immediately having to deal with a destroyed basement has left me feeling "rejuvenated" but it was nice to get away for a while. Tomorrow we go back to work, start the work in the backyard to fix this nagging flooding problem, move the office and start making it a nursery...all in about 6 weeks before Todd deploys :/  I think I'm going to need another vacation!

Here is the link to just a sample of the HUNDREDS of pictures we took this week! I'll add more once we develop our underwater camera which has pictures from white water rafting in Jackson, WY and our kayaking adventure in Kauai.

Aloha for now!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

yayyyyyy so glad yall had fun!! glad yall got to get away :)

arg said...

it looks like it was blissful and busy all at the same time! love the pics!! :) xx