So here we are in April already. I'd love to say that time is just flying by...but I'm not sure I feel like it is. We're not even to the half way point in deployment and that thought is sort of depressing. I'm still staying positive and keeping busy but the end of July just sill seems so far away :( I fortunately have at least a small trip to look forward too each month until Todd gets home so I have something to look forward too.
March started, as usual with my birthday. 26. Not the exciting. I celebrated the actual day with a couple of friends at Buffalo Wild Wings (YUM!) Then had another little get together with 4 friends that Saturday at Beaujo's-the amazing gluten free pizza place in Colorado that recently opened in Rapid City. Todd did a wonderful job with birthday gifts from the other side of the world! He sent me beautiful flowers to my work, managed to plan for a card to arrive on my actual birthday and got me a "wine of the month" club membership to one of our local wine shops! All in all it was a good day and I couldn't have asked for more.
Other than the usual work keeping me busy I was able to make another trip to Texas, this time for a wedding. It was a whirlwind trip that was mostly spent in a plane or a car but it was worth it. I got to spend time with my parents in Austin and I traveled to Houston for the wedding of an OT school classmate so we got to have sort of a mini reunion and I stayed the night with my best friend since childhood, Liz. It was wonderful time spent with all. Liz is pregnant with her second child and it was great seeing her, her husband and their toddler Will-he's so adorable!
As for updates on my house "to-do" list the paint is FINISHED and looks sooooo good! No more white out walls! The garage is finished and is so much warmer and looks great. When they get the spring cleaning storage stuff on sale I'd like to add more shelves in the garage and get it a little more organized but it'll do for now. I put knobs on all the cabinets in the house and they look great. And the grand finale, the carpet, gets installed next week!! I'm super excited about the carpet because we've had nice new carpet in the basement since we moved in but the upstairs has been the same old, flat, dingy, builder's grade carpet that was originally put in the house. It's going to look wonderful!
Now that its trying to get to be spring I'm looking ahead at my yard work. We wanted to plant trees in the back yard last year but never got around to it before the weather changed so I'm hoping to do that pretty soon. I've also been figuring out my vegetable garden. My tomatoes did really well last year so I'm going to do plant those again and I'm thinking some bell peppers, beans and peas. One of my patients is an expert gardener and has been giving me some tips. I'd also like to add some bushes to our front flower bed so that it doesn't look so sad in the winter. But we'll just have to see once we start getting the consistently nice weather what I get done! It snowed yesterday and it snowed the last week of April last year so I'm not getting too hopeful for the big change anytime soon. The few really nice days that we have had has just been a tease and gotten my hopes up for being outdoors again!
Coming up in April...Todd turns 27 and I'll visit Chicago with 2 of my sister in laws!!
1 comment:
happy early birthday to todd! congrats to liz & chris! glad your trip to TX was well worth it. it's always nice to spend time with the ones you love. you do sound pretty busy with the house stuff - sounds like your house will be super fabulous when it's all done! HANG IN THERE :)
Post a Comment