I really hope not. But we do have a chance of snow overnight tonight with a "Winter Weather Advisory" in the hills. It snowed the weekend we moved here April 24, 2009 and on May 2, 2008 Rapid City did get a blizzard. I hate to say that winter is not over yet :( Like a co-worker told me last week, "we have 4 seasons: June, July, August and Winter" SO TRUE!!
April had some good positives:
1. We reached the halfway point of deployment on April 20!!
2. I went to Chicago with two of my sister in laws for a weekend!
3. Todd turned 27
4. We "celebrated" our one year anniversary in South Dakota :)
While the weather is currently cold and windy with snow in the area we have had some great days thrown in there for a tease. One Sunday it was 70 degrees and I ran and biked and took the dogs to the park and literally did everything outside I could think of, it was so great!! It was funny this week mowing the yard for the first time and then driving to work with snow flurries the next morning. Needless to say, I'm VERY anxious for the weather to be consistently nice so that I can enjoy all my outdoor activities :)
Work is still great. I can't believe I've almost been an OT for a year! Once I reach my "year of experience" I can have students under me which is something I'm really looking forward too because I'd love to teach in an OT department at some point in life. I have to really interesting patients right now that are really challenging my skills.... and I like it :)
Todd is still busy busy flying and dropping bombs on the bad guys ;) We've been on pretty opposite schedules lately so talking has been really inconsistent and spread out which gets hard. It's also been one of those weeks where everything seems to go wrong, specifically things that I don't or can't fix. Lucky for me the guy that painted our house and finished our garage markets himself as a handyman and conveniently lives around the corner from me so he has graciously been helping me out with random things.
Yard work- specifically trees and my vegetable garden is still at the top of my "to-do" list but the weather doesn't want to cooperate with me on the weekends to get anything done. Otherwise, not doing much to the house right now. I think I need a hobby other than running and biking. Any suggestions??
1 comment:
congrats on all the positives!! yay for being halfway there :) and time sure does fly, huh- cant believe you've been in SD for a year already. glad you have a handy neighbor, they're great to have while hubby's away! and also glad you are still loving your job! always a plus.
Guam has 2 seasons - rainy & rainier, lol.
you are so amazing, michelle! keep staying strong.
Post a Comment