Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week in Review

Week 2 of my internships was just as great as week 1. I'm getting more comfortable with my patients and co-workers and learning more every day. A few firsts happened this week. I made my first cast and I debrided a wound (i.e I picked the dead skin and blood off of it) I obviously knew that OT's made custom splints for the elbow, arm, wrist, hands or fingers but I was not aware that we could make fiber glass casts. It's actually easier than making a splint but takes longer and the materials are more expensive (probably why we never made them in school) I will hopefully have a few new patients this week. Otherwise, all is good at HCR.

Friday made me remember how tiring a full work week can be and I had absolutely no desire to go out and do anything. Todd went to church Friday night to help out at 5th quarter for the youth group. If you're not familiar, 5th quarter is after home football games on Friday night so kids can go hang out and play games and not get into trouble. I used to go when I was in high school and always had a good time. So Todd could not turn down playing ping-pong and wii with 16 and 17 year olds.

Saturday after we ran our 18 mile training run for the marathon with fellow Abilene Runners Club (ARC) members we got cleaned up for the simple out door wedding for Allen and Meghan. It was so nice and simple and really sweet. They are still planning on having a big ceremony in about a year with family and friends. Here are a few pics from the day.





Today after church we went to the park with the dogs. Todd played disc golf with a few friends and I let the dogs run around, swim and get just plain dirty. Overall it's been a great weekend but next weekend we're going to College Station where we will stay in a Bed & Breakfast, go to the game and get to see a lot of friends which is sure to make for an even better weekend :)

No comments: